The human body already knows how to heal itself. Sometimes you heal on your own from an illness. Other times, you need to see a doctor and take prescribed medication to recover. Then, there's a third category: suffering from an illness that not even doctors have been able to alleviate for you. This is the point at which you usually search for home remedies or alternative healing methods to go back to living the way you used to without sickness maintaining a dark cloud over your head. You may even come across the term psychic healers.
What is a Psychic Healer?
A psychic healer uses his intuition and other potential psychic abilities, such as clairaudience or clairvoyance, to alleviate or cure an ailment. Some can diagnose a person as well. In contrast to modern doctors in the western world, psychic healers commonly find that the source of the problem is something emotional or within the subconscious mind.
Why Do People See Psychic Healers?
When modern methods either fail to diagnose someone or fail to alleviate his pain, he tends to seek alternative healing techniques in hope that one of them will work for him. A good portion of anecdotal evidence for the legitimacy of psychic healing has that fact in common. They refused to give up on finding a solution to their problem despite doctors either turning them away or prescribing medications that either don't work or come with crazy side effects.
What about the Scientific Proof?
In addition to the abundance of successful personal experiences with psychic healers, you can also find some scientific evidence in support of these claims. Examples include tumors that once showed up in scans suddenly gone and life-long health problems that healed.
One example of a study that found supporting evidence that psychic healing can occur is The Efficacy of ‘Distant Healing': A Systematic Review of Randomized Trials, which was published in June 2000. Over 50% of the subjects exhibited signs of improvement after being treated by a psychic healer.
A professor at New York University, Dolores Krieger, directed a study in which the blood samples of participants were examined to declare whether or not healing took place. All of the patients who were treated by a psychic healer showed a significant level of improvement. A year after the study was completed, they followed up with the participants and reported that the improvement originally seen was sustained.
Psychic Healers are Humble about Their Work
Many psychic healers attribute the credit of the healing to the individual with whom they are working. According to psychic healers, they serve as an instrument that allows a person to heal. That person's own body, however, is what does the actual healing. The psychic healer only helped initiate it with their expertise, experience, and innate gift.
Various Types of Healing Techniques Psychics Use
Psychic healers use a wide range of healing techniques, such as Reiki, chakra healing, Pranic Healing, creative visualization, guided imagery, and more. The exact techniques that a particular psychic healer uses depends on what he has a natural gift for or is drawn toward learning.
- Reiki – A Japanese technique that is based on the idea you are more likely to become stressed or sick when your life force energy is low. The term Reiki is comprised of two Japanese words: Rei and Ki. Rei means “God's wisdom” or “The Higher Power”. Ki is translated as “life force energy”. You could view Reiki as spiritually guided life force energy. Reiki treats every aspect of your health, including the physical body, emotions, mind, and spirit.
- Chakra Healing – It is believed that your body has seven main chakras: root, sacral, solar, heart, throat, brow, and crown. A chakra is a spinning center of activity that receives and expresses life force energy. Chakras have an effect on your health physically, mentally, and spiritually. When a chakra is imbalanced, you will suffer from some form of ailment in relation to which chakra is not functioning properly.
- Guided Imagery – Similar to creative visualization, guided imagery uses mental imagery to heal the body, reduce stress, or solve other problems. The difference is you go through a series of visualizations; it is more structured. A psychic healer can guide you throughout the process to ensure you get the most out of it and remained focused long enough.
- Pranic Healing – System of energy healing established by GrandMaster Choa Kok Sui that based on the idea your body is fully capable of healing itself. The body can heal itself through utilizing the life force energy, referred to as prana in Sanskrit, that is found in the ground, air, and sun. Physical contact is not necessary in Pranic Healing, because the practitioner is working with energetic body rather than the physical body.
- Creative Visualization – Using your thoughts and expectations to achieve a goal, whether your aim is to heal or improve your living standards. Essentially, you regularly imagine the end result. For example, if you want to heal a broken arm, then imagine the arm as functioning normally and having fun doing activities you love with a strong healthy body.
Do Psychic Healers Really Exist?
Psychic healers have existed for many centuries. In the modern world, people have become more skeptical and doubtful. A good portion of skeptics think psychic healers don't exist. However, a greater number of doctors and medical facilities are starting to adopt energetic healing practices as the world once again opens up to the spiritual side.
In addition, the number of studies that indicate psychic healers are the real deal are growing. Thirdly, there is an overwhelming wealth of stories shared by people suffering from all sorts of ailments, big and small, physical and mental, that have reaped the benefits psychic healing has to offer.